Are you considering tooth replacement options? Depending on how many teeth you are missing, dentures may come about during discussion, but how effective are they?
Despite the stigma, dentures in modern dentistry give patients a fantastic opportunity for tooth replacement, functionality, and cosmetic appearance.
How Do Dentures Work?
Patients seeking effective tooth replacement for multiple teeth can rely on dentures to bring their smiles back to life. Our team at Mount Waverley Smiles creates custom dentures that firmly stay put in patients’ mouths while eating, speaking, and smiling. A proper set of dentures sits in place throughout the day by creating a seal with the gums. In some cases, dental implants can support dentures if needed.
- Full dentures replace a whole set of teeth.
- Partial dentures fit seamlessly and work with existing, healthy teeth.
Common Misconceptions Concerning Dentures
Dentures have been helping patients eat their favourite foods and smile for years. Some may believe that dentures offer a lower quality of tooth replacement or retain a few misconceptions that include:
- Dentures only work for specific age groups: People suffering from tooth loss of almost all ages can benefit from dentures!
- Dentures look incredibly fabricated: Perhaps dentures in the past didn’t appear cosmetically realistic, but modern dentures look and function like natural teeth!
- Dentures make smiling, eating and speaking a hassle: A properly fit pair of dentures firmly stay in the mouth.
Modern dentures provide a better fit, function and appearance than older versions. Our experienced team in Mt. Waverley can help rebuild your smile with new, custom-fitted dentures.
Providing practical, long-lasting tooth replacement options in Mt. Waverley and the surrounding areas can positively impact the lives of many of our patients. If you are considering dentures or related tooth-replacement options, we invite you to contact our practice on (03) 9888 2523 to restore a happy, complete smile.